Thats right, if the QoS is globally disabled on the switch, It will not touch the COS or DSCP markings. You'll need to issue:

"no mls qos" on CAT3550

"set qos disable" on CAT6500

However look carefully at what the lab wants you to do. You may need to create a policy in the MQC that will mark packets that go into the routers from the switches using either NBAR or ACLs to classify the traffic. Otherwise, the LLQ on serial interfaces may fail because packets aren't properly marked by the originating device.

Chris

o Ninja wrote:
Hello All,
What is the best approach to make sure that my switches are not going to mark or remark any packets coming and going to the endpoints ? Am I safe if I just configure the vlans on the interfaces and let the qos off ? Thanks in advance.

Notícias direto do New York Times, gols do Lance, videocassetadas e muitos outros vídeos no MSN Videos! Confira já! <http://video.msn.com/?mkt=pt-br>