I have a P4 3Ghz with 4gb running ESXi.   One thing I've read and
experienced is that installing just about anything with less than the
minimum disk/memory is asking for trouble.   In some unique instalaltions
you'll get it to finish but it won't work right, services won't start right,
etc.

Has anyone here been successful installing UCCx 7 in ESXi?   If so, what
platform server OS did you use or does it not matter?   I have the four
HP/IBM CDs and I have not attempted this yet.

Also, the OS won't install without 2gb of memory.   I tried to install it on
a IBM box that only had a gig and figured that one out.   Anyone know if I
can scale back the memory after installing everything or does it need that
much to operate at all?