From: c george [mailto:cisco...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 9:27 AM
To: Kevin Damisch; ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: RE: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 11 digit local and LD issue

put them in their own css and add a translation pattern blocking the numbers
you want in the same css at the line level

Respectfully Charles George

________________________________
From: kevin.dami...@vitalsite.com
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 09:05:53 -0500
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 11 digit local and LD issue
This isn't from the workbooks, but hopefully good discussion.  If you are
designing a dial plan where the PSTN requires 11 digits for both local and LD,
what have some of you done to apply calling restrictions so that certain phones
(lobby, breakroom, etc.) can only dial local calls.  We don't want to use any
long distance access codes such as FAC or PSTN codes.  We are looking at using
the Line/Device approach with local route groups.  The only way I see it is to
know of every area code/prefix that is considered local to that site, then
create route patterns based off of those.  This would be tedious work as new
prefixes could get added and you may not know about them.

Thanks,
Kevin

________________________________
This communication (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information
that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable
law. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
communication in error, please notify Vital Support Systems at 515 334 5700 and
delete or destroy all copies and the original document.
Get your vacation photos on your phone! Click
here.<http://windowsliveformobile.com/en-us/photos/default.aspx?&OCID=0809TL-HM>