Both methods looks same to me, but I generally do option 1 as recommended in
SRND and ipexpert labs

-----Original Message-----
From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Damisch
Sent: Thursday, 24 September 2009 2:20 AM
To: Nizar JAFRI; 'Jonathan Charles'
Cc: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] TR: Auto qos voip SNRD

What is the difference between these 2 scenarios:

mls qos map policed-dscp 24 to 8
police 32000 8000 exceed-action policed-dscp-transmit

police 32000 8000 exceed-action set-dscp-transmit 8

Would both of these take the excess SCCP traffic (assuming you have your ACLs
or maps correct) down to DSCP 8?  And, I don't see "set-dscp-transmit" anywhere
in the QoS or CUCM SRNDs, only "policed-dscp-transmit".

Thanks,
Kevin