I have a Kindle and have purchased a few Cisco Press books.
Ultimately, I prefer the printed book for technical material.  A
couple of issues -

1 - Navigation is pretty slow if you want to skip around.  The Kindle
does not use sequential page numbers.   There is not a side-bar table
of contents, like you have in Acrobat.
2 - In some cases the graphics don't display well.   You may have to
zoom in and physically turn the Kindle.  I don't think the Kindle is
wide enough for some graphics.
3 - Search.  I haven't checked since the last software update but I
don't recall a Google-like search function.
4 - PDF conversion.  The conversion isn't always accurate.  I don't
think I've ever been able to use a PDF on the Kindle due to formatting
and graphics issues.

I think the Kindle is great for books without graphics that you
typically read cover to cover.  It's not as useful for technical
titles.  The Kindle DX seems to be better in theory but they really
need to update the UI.

Try Googling the Kindle project with universities this year.  They are
trying to offer a book-less solution for college students.  So far,
some of the feedback has been discouraging.

Once Apple releases a tablet, I think the situation will improve
dramatically.