From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Allan Ren
Sent: Sunday, October 25, 2009 6:37 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] AIM-VOICE-30 for PSTN simulator

Hi,

Im trying to build up my home lab using a 2621XM router as PSTN simulator. An
AIM-VOICE-30 was supposed to provide DSPs to vwic-2mft-e1 and vwic-2mft-t1. The
problem is I cant create the second pri-group. The first pri-group was created
successfully. When I create the second pri-group, it failed with following
error prompt:

% Not enough DSP resources available to configure pri-group on controller T1
0/2 % The remaining dsp resources are enough for 28 time slots.
% For current codec complexity, 0 extra dsp(s) are required to create this
voice port.

I guess AIM-VOICE-30 don't support DSPs sharing. Once it was assigned to e1 or
t1, the remaining DSPs cant be assigned to another t1 or e1. But previous email
in this list, someone posted lab equipment list that AIM-VOICE-30 is the DSP
resources for both E1 and T1. Did I get wrong understanding? Any response would
be much appreciated :)

Cheers,
Allan