Does "stop routing on unallocated number" help?
________________________________
From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Girard, Jeffrey COL MIL
USA [jeffrey.gir...@us.army.mil]
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2009 9:06 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Vol 1 Lab 5.8 Testing failover to MGCP

Have completed the config and calls and transformations occur as they should.
To test the failover from HQ SIP GW to MGCP, I follow the instructions in the
PG and do a shut on the voice port on HQ GW. I retry the call and get reorder
tone. If a no shut the voice port and then go and reverse the priority of the
GWs in the RL (putting BR1 on top of HQ) and then retry the call - it completes
out through BR1 as it should with the proper ANI. So, it does not appear that
doing a shut on the HQ voice port is the right way to test failover. Anybody
else have this issue or have a better way to test failover?

Jeff