I have a real world question that smells of CCIE Voice lab material.

I have a DID that rings into the CUCME system and is translated to 30500.
Extension 30500 (ephone-dn 99) currently rings in to a receptionist (ephone
17).  There is a mailbox configured on CUE for 30500 that correctly displays
MWI.

I am trying to configure a hunt group to ring the receptionist for 10 seconds
and then ring another employee at extension 30502 (ephone 3, ephone-dn 3) for
five seconds.  Afterwards, I want the call to hit voicemail and correctly
display MWI on the receptionist (ephone 17) phone.

I changed ephone-dn 99 (receptionist extension) to 30522.
I made an ephone-hunt with a pilot of 30500.

ephone-hunt 1 sequential
 pilot 30500                  --- Hunt-group pilot
 list 30522, 30503            --- Both extension numbers
 final 678              --- VM pilot
 preference 1
 max-timeout 15
 timeout 10, 5
 description Receptionist Hunt Group

My Problem:
When the caller enters CUE, it tries to access the 30500 mailbox.  If callers
leave a message, the receptionist won't know because she would only get MWI for
her 30522 extension.

I have tried setting the hunt-group final destination to another ephone-dn with
call-forward all set to voicemail.  My hope was that the call-forward would
cause CUE to see this dummy ephone-dn's extension, but that didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Matthew Berry, Sr. Unified Communications Engineer, CCVP
Kroll Ontrack  |  9023 Columbine Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55347
952 516 3748  |  Fax 952 562 2175  |  Mobile 952 221 2814|
mjbe...@krollontrack.com<mailto:agutz...@krollontrack.com>
www.krollontrack.com<http://www.krollontrack.com/>