2010/2/1 vccie2010 <vccie2...@gmail.com>

> Will appreciate if someone had done it before or can shed some light on
> this-
>
> I need to configure CUPC client / Desk Phone for Voice, Video, IM and
> email. My understnading /Qs are :
>
> 1. Have AD integration with CUCM 7X.

this is optional for CUPS however if you don't have CUCM integrated with AD
the only way for you to add contacts into CUPC is through the ccm user web
page for presence. you can integrate CUPS with AD so the user will use its
AD credentials to log in to CUPC

> 2. Have MS Exchange - where it's to be integrated into CUPC ? you integrate
> the Exchange server on the Presence Server and  then on the client the
> status will be changed whenever the user has something scheduled on the
> calendar, the status will be on a meeting.
> 3. For IM what all needs to be done ? for IM if you want to be able to add
> the contacts through CUPS , CUCM needs to be integrated with AD. then you
> install the client on the PC and point it to the Presence server
> 4. For Video I understand I will need VT adavantage camera with phone ?

you only need to have vt advantage installed on the pc/laptop and you can
use any phone with any web-cam