Are you by any chance running a VPN from routers to PSTN?  I've noticed
this causes distortion some times.

Jeff

From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Jason
Granat
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:46 AM
To: <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] PSTN Call Distortion Between T1/E1

Perhaps this is something simple that I am overlooking but I have the
generic setup running in my home lab with 3 gateways and one PSTN
router. 2 of the gateways are T1 and one is E1. The PSTN router is also
running CME with a 7960 to simulate PSTN destinations. Calls from any
site to the PSTN phone are fine. Calls between T1 sites are fine. Calls
between T1 and E1 sites are distorted, like the gain is way too high. I
tried playing with the gain on the voice-port but no luck. I'm not
finding much online or in Cisco docs. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jason

http://slash128.com