Hi Mike,

If using old school method, I think you wouldn't be using local route group
concept as well, right?. In that case you will need two separate RP, two
different RL/RG, in which case you can perform manipulations in RG within RL
and send the leading 9 only to the h.323 gw,

If still want to use one RP and the standard local route group RL without
using cd xform patterns, I think the best way to sort this out for the h.323
gw is to perform the manipulation in the incoming dial peer for the h.323
like you mentioned as the srst dialing won't be affectedand will be the same
as when dialing from the ucm, also the dial plan will be simpler,

If you don't add the leading 9 to the incoming dial peer, you will have to
configure two dial peers set for the same dialing and they will overlap with
each other, so this option is going to be much more complicated,

hth,

Otto Sanchez
CCIE #25592 (Voice)
Support Engineer - IPexpert, Inc.