Whenever I'm building those CSS, I always name my xform patterns and
partitions accordingly.

Can take a few extra minutes, but I am all but guaranteed to lose more than
that troubleshooting in a lab scenario

From: Mike Brooks [mailto:2xcci...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2010 11:56 PM
To: mthompson...@gmail.com
Cc: OSL Group
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Called & Calling Party Transformations

Yes, I agree. It is just sort of misleading.  You would think called party
transformations can only affect the called number, and calling party
transformations can only affect the calling number, but that is not the
case.

Basically, as you mentioned, they are just transformation patterns assigned
to partitions within calling search spaces.  The functionality of the
transformation pattern is entirely dependent on where the CSS is applied on
the device and not to the type of transformation pattern it is (called vs
calling).

Mike