so if you have 2 partitions with the same DN:

AllHours_P 6110 <- this partition is where the phone DN sits, this is accessible by the internal phones (school front office, etc) and more specifically from CER ToD_RollToVM_P 6110 <- this partition has a CTI port that has Cfwd All to VM checked. it's accessible only by gateways and calls forwarded from Unity (to prevent someone tyring to back door access from a call handler)

the important part is the second is a Time of Day partition and is HIGHER in the CSS than the AllHours parition. that way, when a call comes in from the gateway, it will see that port first and then roll to voicemail.

the major caveat is that you have to have a separate port for each DN since a 'masked' extension won't work. the CSS priority only deifferentiates when there's an EXACT match.

so the incoming GW CSS has:
P1 <- other random partitions
P2
P3
ToD_RollToVM_P
AllHours_P

The CSS applied to CER has only
P1
P2
P3
AllHours_P

Note the absense of the ToD_RollToVM_P, this way calls from CER and internal phones (if so desired) are never trapped by the CFwd to VM.

MAKE SURE that the MWI CSS has access to only the AllHours_P, we ran into issues that the MWI wouldn't work during the day and it was because the CTI Port was getting the MWI on/off requests.

does that make sense?