Thanks Amy and Roger

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 08:34:58 -0400
Subject: Re: SV: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CME unitcast MOH
From: ar...@ipexpert.com
To: gorr...@hotmail.com; roger.kallb...@cygate.se; jason.aar...@us.didata.com;
ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com

Angel,

Yes, in CCME version 4.1 and later, a SIP phone supports MOH from other SIP,
SCCP and POTS endpoints.

The “ccm-manager music-on-hold” command enables the multicast MOH feature on a
voice gateway.  It is required on mgcp and H.323 gateways as a work around to
invoke the dsp for the multicast packets to be received at the gateway be sent
out the pots interface.

When using unicast moh on the CCME router, moh works fine to the PSTN without
this command, however lets say you also had a requirement for BACD.  At that
point, you will then need the ccm-m music-on-hold cmd.  So the best advice is
to apply it to all gateways.

HTH,
Amy

---
Amy Ryan – CCIE #24677 (Voice)
Technical Instructor - IPexpert, Inc.
Mailto: ar...@ipexpert.com
Telephone: +1.810.326.1444
Live Assistance, Please visit: www.ipexpert.com/chat
<http://www.ipexpert.com/chat>
eFax: +1.810.454.0130

IPexpert is a premier provider of Self-Study Workbooks, Video on Demand, Audio
Tools, Online Hardware Rental and Classroom Training for the Cisco CCIE (R&S,
Voice, Security & Service Provider) certification(s) with training locations
throughout the United States, Europe, South Asia and Australia. Be sure to
visit our online communities at www.ipexpert.com/communities
<http://www.ipexpert.com/communities>  and our public website at
www.ipexpert.com <http://www.ipexpert.com/>