Bo -

You're right.  I changed the "max sessions" value from 45 to 2.  This is the
new output from my "show sdspfarm units":

mtp-1 Device:RTR-XCODE TCP socket:[1]  REGISTERED in SCCP ver 17/10
actual_stream:4 max_stream 4 IP:192.168.99.1  57105  MTP Dixieland keepalive 0
Supported codec:
                 G711Ulaw
                 G711Alaw
                 G729
                 G729a
                 G729ab

 max-mtps:1, max-streams:90, alloc-streams:4, act-streams:0

Two values to point out:
MAX-STREAMS remains the same.  This is the number of sdspfarm transcode
sessions I specified under telephony-service.  You're right, in that xocde/mtp
resources are counted as multiples of two.  Since I stated 45 sessions, it
lists 90 streams.
ALLOC-STREAMS reflects the max-sessions listed under the dspfarm profile
section of my configuration.  Since I entered 2 sessions, it displays 4 streams
(again, multiples of two).

What I need pay attention to is SESSIONS versus STREAMS.

Lastly, what the heck is "MTP Dixieland"? (second line of the output).  That's
weird.

Matthew Berry

Digital Footprint:
Twitter: ciscovoiceguru