Hello Ryan

Based on what I think I learned correctly from the book "Cisco IP
Communications Express - CallManager Express with Cisco Unity Express this
call will always be hairpinned by CME.

CUCM uses the empty capability set standard (ECS) for its supplementary
services  while CME uses between few options, the H.450.3 standards for Call
Forwards. This gets enabled by the telephony-services command "call-forward
pattern .T" This is a method where you invoke the call replacement I believe
is what you aiming for (where a signal is sent back to the calling party to
re-originate the call to the forwarded-to destination)

These two methods are not compatible.  So as soon as your CME phone invokes
the call transfer the following events happen:
CME detects a call involving call manager by using special h323 IEs.
If H450.3 is enabled then CME disables this mechanism and hairpins the call
by using its built-in MTP resouces.

So as far as I know your scenario cannot be achieved because as soon as the
call is hairpinned then you have mismatching codecs configured between your
CME dial-peers and the xcoder will be invoked.

Please if someone disagrees speak up as I'm keen to confirm my understanding
as well.

Cheers
Daniel