Just a side note -  I also use those two commands, but with a little
modification:

file tail activelog /cm/trace/cmi/sdi recent

this makes the CLI to choose the most recent file (no need to type in the
filename yourself).
RTMT is such a waste of time, when it comes to traces ;)

BTW, the most useful are SDI traces (SDLs are less readable and are used for
inter-ccm communications - I never use them in lab). It's easy to remember -
SD-III like IIIncredibly useful traces :D

regards
kobel