I'm working on Vol2 Lab7 Task2.4.  The task involves the following:

HQ phone 2 dials 914158884343.
Prefer to use TEHO to route the call out BR1.  Local telco expects 7
digits.  BR1 is an H323 gateway, so CUCM sends it 98884343.  The
gateway strips the 9 before sending to telco.
Second choice gateway is the HQ gateway, which is MGCP.  Local telco
will expect 11 digits.  CUCM would send the gateway 14158884343.
Regardless of which gateway the call goes out the HQ Phone 2 display
should say: "To 4158884343".

Got the call routing and redundancy down fine.  That's works well
enough.  The problem is that no matter what I do, it seems to convert
the display on HQ Phone 2 to match whatever digit manipulation was
required by the egress gateway.  The proctor guide says: "The display
on the Calling phone will be derived from the Route Pattern
manipulation although the actual digits the UCM sends to the gateway
is determined by the Route List/Route Group Called # transformations".
 So, I tried that.  I tried doing all my digit manipulation on the RL
details level and use the XXXXXXXXXX as the Called Party
transformation on the Route Pattern level.  Call goes through, but the
HQ Phone 2 still displays "To: 98884343".

Next I tried setting the RL details to leave it as 415888XXXX and used
a Called Party Transformation Pattern at the gateway level to convert
the call.  I got the same result. Call succeeds.  The display on HQ
Phone 2 shows "To: 98884343".  What am I missing?  Is this task
possible?

Thanks in advance,

Brian