Why aren't you sending all digits to the IOS gateway and doing your
manipulations there?  It seems to me a simpler solution to have.

Your dial-peer 7 is matching the dialed numbers first because dial-peer
matching behaves like that- just like a route-pattern with urgent priority
checked.  as soon as it matches it sends the call -.  You could remove $
from dial-peer 7 and put a T in the end of it to get the matching process to
wait a bit but I personally find it better to send all digits from CUCM and
have all manipulations done there.  If you need to change your calling
device display as well then you can try by just sending the digits as they
hit the outbound dial-peer without any manipulations there because the 9
will get stripped anyway as it is an explicit match.  If that does not tweak
the caller display then plug a translation-profile or num-expansion then if
that does not work either you could always do a predot in route-pattern and
put the 9 back on the route list as last resort.

I will try this as soon as I can.  It sounds like a "hot" topic this one!