Let my chip in and give my 2c. Disclaimer: This might have changed since
last I wrote (Jan 2010)

In my first attempt I failed the dial plan miserably and got 0, which in
itself, is a section that if you get 0, getting 100% for the rest still
isn't enough to pass. Yet I had sections marked throughout with some 0, some
perfect and some in between all the way to the end.

On my second attempt, I failed the OEQ section, which also if you can
remember is a "fail this and you fail the exam" section. Still, the rest of
my exam was scored all the way through.

During lunch I realized that I made a mistake on my OEQ's and would fail,
and asked the proctor what the policy was, and it was quite the reverse from
what the perception is on this forum. He said. if you have earned enough
points to pass you, they stop marking. You've passed. But they will keep
marking all the way through if you have not.

And after my first attempt, I couldn't believe getting 0 for dialplan, as I
tested and tested everything, except for one question which I couldn't get
working. So thought at the least, I should get a few marks for that section.
But then spent a lot of time trying to figure out what I did wrong in
dial-plan, and sure enough the error was with me. There was one small little
thing that I did not include in any of my dialplan answers that bit me and
got me a zero.

Second time around, I just read the questions a lot more thoroughly and my
dial plan score was great! Still didn't have enough to pass, but at least I
had gained the belief that if a section was scored badly, I needed to pay
attention to that area.

HTH
Paul