Hi Daniel,

I absolutely agree with you on the first part, regarding that enabling the
priority (expedite) queue will exclude queue 1 from the SRR shaping and
sharing.

However, I don’t think that it is possible to control the bandwidth
percentages using the buffer size allocation “mls qos queue-set output 1
buffers 10 10 26 54”, simply because of the fact that the buffer is used to
store the excess traffic when the input rate is higher than the output rate
of a certain traffic.

To illustrate my point let me introduce an example

3750 fastethernet (100Mb)

10 % are allocated to priority traffic

50 Mb Average Total Input rate of priority traffic

On the above example, at the output the priority traffic can (theoretically)
go up to full link speed 100 Mb, so apparently the input rate is not
exceeding the output rate and the average output rate would be equal to the
input which is 50 Mb (50 % not just the 10 % of the buffer size). As a
matter of fact the buffer in this case is not expected even to fill the 10
%, it would just fill a small percent to accommodate with traffic spikes and
the small processing delay.