From: Matthew Hall [mailto:1.matt.h...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 13, 2010 2:31 PM
To: CCIE Voice GMAIL
Cc: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Gatekeeper IPIPGW

outvia sends the call to the zone specified on the way to the destination
zone (like a next hop statement in a policy route....but not really).  The
gatekeeper then just looks for a cube registered in that outvia zone.  The
cube has to have a matching inbound voip dialpeer AND a outgoing dialpeer
with a destination pattern that matches the outbound digits and session
target RAS.  The CUBE uses that dial-peer to send the call back to the
gatekeeper, the gatekeeper knows then to send the call on to the final zone
without looping back to the CUBE.

Matt

visit www.ipexpert.com