Sorry, let me try to explain with an example:

You have an MRGL with SW CFB (on UCM), MOH, SW MTP (on Router), and XCODE
resources available. If UCM needs to create a conference, it will select the
SW CFB. Ordering does not matter, because there aren't any other CFB
resources listed.

However, if UCM needs to allocate an MTP, keep in mind that XCODE resources
can be used as MTP, so the ordering of the MRG within the MRGL matters for
these two resources. Typically, you'd want to choose the SW MTP over the
XCODER (HW MTP), due to "cost", so you would want to list the MRG with the
SW MTP above the MRG with the XCODER.

The SW CFB and MOH could be in either MRG, or in a completely separate MRG.

UCM can use all of the resources within an MRG at the same time for various
purposes, however similar resources within a single MRG will be round-robin
load balanced.
One or two of the IPExpert labs touches on this in reference to MOH
resources.

mike