Hi David.

Are you sure your one way audio is not caused by routing issues?
Anyway if you are sure the problem is auto-qos just reload the router.

To answer the question regarding what you may be doing wrong, I would say
you are running auto-qos.  Do not run it.  If you can't live without it,
then apply it with the serial interfaces in shutdown, this way it will never
screw with the IOS internal order of operations.

Cheers