Hi all,

In my practice lab I've been asked to configure HQ phone 2 to be
controlled by CUPC (desk phone not softphone).  After setting up the sip
trunk, assigning license capabilities and allowing the associating the
end user to the device with CTI Enabled permissions I configure all the
necessary components in CUPS.  After I've finished configuration in CUPS
I check the system dashboard to verify my user has been allocated
desktop control and everything else is good on the CUPS server.

I am able to successfully log into CUPC however I don't have any desk
phone control. A restart of CUPS and CUCM doesn't yield a different
result.

For curiosity I build a Unified Personal Communicator phone in UCM and
associate it to the end user.  I also apply a CTI gateway in CUPS and
try my login again.  This time not only do I have softphone capabilities
but I am also able to control the desk phone, yet I haven't changed any
settings pertaining to desk phone control.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe I should need a UPC
device for just desk phone control.  I'm wondering if this is a bug I'm
hitting or if there is something I have configured incorrectly.  It
seems that in my lab I run into this problem every single time when
configuring desk phone control.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

Help!

Casey

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for
the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain information that is non-public, proprietary,
privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law or may constitute as attorney work product.
that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this
communication in error, notify us immediately by telephone and
(i) destroy this message if a facsimile or (ii) delete this message
immediately if this is an electronic communication.

Thank you.