Just to be sure, are we talking about CUCM - CUE jtapi integration?
Not sure why it would fail but I would remove the codec-passthrough.

Also, check on both routers the "debug call rsvp-sync" to check if rsvp
bandwidth is failing, or perhaps the rsvp agent is not being allocated.

Also, are local calls to CUE working?