CCIEV Wannabe,
I took my 1st lab attempt last week, I didn't fail the lab but did not pass either. Now with that being said, the lab is extremely passable but you MUST have a solid plan and strategy going into your attempt, but most of all you MUST follow your game-plan and strategy. So how do you develop a passing strategy? You MUST develop a solid study strategy. Because time is a factor in the lab, a lot of people will follow the device-based approach. Many rock-stars who have come from this very list, Matthew Berry, James Key, and Vik Malhi (just to name a few), have followed the device-based approach. It's a very good idea to KNOW the technologies inside out, but it is also valuable to know WHERE to find the information should you need it. The documentation is fairly simple to navigate and you are able to copy directly from it. Use that knowledge during your practice. During your studies you should have figured out how long it takes you to configure certain things such as MGCP, H323, IOS Xcoders and IOS conferencing, QoS, etc. Figure out your average time for configuring those technologies and don't waste time on those subjects. If you can do IOS xcoders/conf in 2-3 minutes, don't spend 4-5 minutes on lab day doing it. Most of all, no one can give you the key ingredient or it factor that will help you pass, take the advice that you can work with, get rid of the advice that you can't, keep practicing, and NEVER EVER give up.

Amp

Quoting cciev wannabe <cciev.wann...@gmail.com>:

Ok, while I am awaiting help from you, here is my own thoughts on LAB.
I will try no to violate NDA, I want to share some of my experiences.

1. device-by-device or question-by-question approach
It depends. For example, device approach is better if cue integrate with
cme.
but I think technology (question) approach is beeter if cue integrate with
cucm.

2. touch cue sooner than later
Vic Mahil already said repeatedly in his blog/lectures. cue took a lot of
times and may need a few reboots.
So, you can do something else while rebooting cue

3. don't wait to do uccx as last
you need a very good knowledge on scripting and rdp to uccx is very slow
it was so slow for all my attempts. I did politely told proctor but I was
told nicely that we all have the same setup/lab
well anyway what a very slow box indeed