From: Vega Wong [mailto:vega2...@yahoo.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 7:29 AM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com; DeShon Crayton; whl...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] MOH with H323 gateway

Hi guys

I have attached more info for this, hope you can help:

! H323 gw config
!
hostname HQ-RTR
!
network-clock-participate slot 1
!
dot11 syslog
no ip source-route
!
!
ip cef
!
!
no ip domain lookup
ip multicast-routing
no ipv6 cef
!
multilink bundle-name authenticated
!
!
isdn switch-type primary-ni
!
!
!
voice-card 0
!
voice-card 1
!
!
!
controller T1 1/0/0
 pri-group timeslots 1-3,24
!
controller T1 1/0/1
!
!
!
!
!
interface Loopback0
 ip address 10.10.110.1 255.255.255.255
 ip pim sparse-dense-mode
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 no ip address
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.10
 encapsulation dot1Q 10
 ip address 10.10.100.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.20
 encapsulation dot1Q 20
 ip address 10.10.200.3 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 10.10.210.11
 ip pim sparse-dense-mode
 h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.10.200.3
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.30
 encapsulation dot1Q 30
 ip address 10.10.210.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 no ip address
 shutdown
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface Serial0/2/0
 no ip address
 encapsulation frame-relay
 frame-relay lmi-type ansi
!
interface Serial0/2/0.1 point-to-point
 ip address 10.10.111.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf mtu-ignore
 snmp trap link-status
 frame-relay interface-dlci 201
!
interface Serial0/2/0.2 point-to-point
 ip address 10.10.112.1 255.255.255.0
 ip ospf mtu-ignore
 snmp trap link-status
 frame-relay interface-dlci 202
!
interface Serial0/2/1
 no ip address
 shutdown
 clock rate 2000000
!
interface Serial1/0/0:23
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 no cdp enable
!
router ospf 1
 router-id 10.10.100.1
 log-adjacency-changes
 network 10.10.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 0
!
ip forward-protocol nd
no ip http server
no ip http secure-server
!
!
!
control-plane
!
!
voice-port 1/0/0:23
!
ccm-manager music-on-hold
!
!
dial-peer voice 1 pots
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
!
dial-peer voice 2 voip
 incoming called-number .
 codec g711ulaw
!
dial-peer voice 911 pots
 destination-pattern 911
 port 1/0/0:23
 forward-digits all
!
dial-peer voice 5000 voip
 destination-pattern 212394....
 session target ipv4:10.10.210.11
 codec g711ulaw
!
dial-peer voice 5001 voip
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 212394....
 session target ipv4:10.10.210.10
!
!
!
!
gatekeeper
 shutdown
!
!
telephony-service
 max-ephones 1
 max-dn 1
 ip source-address 10.10.200.3 port 2000
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 moh MOH_CL.wav
 multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.10.200.3 10.10.110.1
 transfer-system full-consult
 create cnf-files version-stamp 7960 Sep 27 2011 22:59:02
!
--------------------------------------
debug ephone moh
EPHONE music-on-hold debugging is enabled
HQ-RTR#
*Sep 28 11:09:56.658: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0.20 ETHERNET
10.10.200.3 via ARP
*Sep 28 11:09:56.658: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.10.110.1 via 10.10.110.1
HQ-RTR#
*Sep 28 11:10:01.894: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0.20 ETHERNET
10.10.200.3 via ARP
*Sep 28 11:10:01.894: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.10.110.1 via 10.10.110.1
HQ-RTR#
*Sep 28 11:10:07.138: MoH route If GigabitEthernet0/0.20 ETHERNET
10.10.200.3 via ARP
*Sep 28 11:10:07.138: MoH route If Loopback0 46 10.10.110.1 via 10.10.110.1
HQ-RTR#show ip mroute
IP Multicast Routing Table
Flags: D - Dense, S - Sparse, B - Bidir Group, s - SSM Group, C - Connected,
       L - Local, P - Pruned, R - RP-bit set, F - Register flag,
       T - SPT-bit set, J - Join SPT, M - MSDP created entry,
       X - Proxy Join Timer Running, A - Candidate for MSDP Advertisement,
       U - URD, I - Received Source Specific Host Report,
       Z - Multicast Tunnel, z - MDT-data group sender,
       Y - Joined MDT-data group, y - Sending to MDT-data group,
       V - RD & Vector, v - Vector
Outgoing interface flags: H - Hardware switched, A - Assert winner
 Timers: Uptime/Expires
 Interface state: Interface, Next-Hop or VCD, State/Mode

(*, 239.1.1.1), 00:00:37/00:02:22, RP 0.0.0.0, flags: DP
  Incoming interface: Null, RPF nbr 0.0.0.0
  Outgoing interface list: Null

(*, 224.0.1.40), 00:14:22/00:02:07, RP 0.0.0.0, flags: DCL
  Incoming interface: Null, RPF nbr 0.0.0.0
  Outgoing interface list:
    Loopback0, Forward/Dense, 00:14:22/00:00:00
------------
HQ-RTR#show ip multicast interface
Loopback0 is up, line protocol is up
  Internet address is 10.10.110.1/32
  Multicast routing: enabled
  Multicast switching: fast
  Multicast packets in/out: 0/0
  Multicast TTL threshold: 0
  Multicast Tagswitching: disabled
GigabitEthernet0/0.20 is up, line protocol is up
  Internet address is 10.10.200.3/24
  Multicast routing: enabled
  Multicast switching: fast
  Multicast packets in/out: 0/0
  Multicast TTL threshold: 0
  Multicast Tagswitching: disabled
! This is when I make a PSTN call and put the call on hold:
HQ-RTR#show call active voice | inc Remote
RemoteIPAddress=10.10.210.11
RemoteUDPPort=24578
RemoteSignallingIPAddress=10.10.210.11
RemoteSignallingPort=33131
RemoteMediaIPAddress=10.10.210.10
RemoteMediaPort=24578

I can hear moh on the PSTN phone, but the moh stream is actually coming from
the CUCM (the default music files)
! This is when I make a PSTN call via the mgcp gw and put the call on hold:
BR1-RTR#show call active voice | inc Remote
RemoteIPAddress=0.0.0.0
RemoteUDPPort=16384
RemoteSignallingIPAddress=0.0.0.0
RemoteSignallingPort=0
RemoteMediaIPAddress=239.1.1.1
RemoteMediaPort=16384

With the mgcp gw, I can hear the moh stream from router (my own music file).

I am really confused here, I just cant work out why I cant get the h323 to
stream the moh to the PSTN caller as the mgcp gw does.

Thanks guys