When agents first log in they will be not ready.

Automatic available - enable - refers to after call treatment, after wrap-up
time automatic availability.

And for your final problem check CSS of the CTI Ports, make sure they have
access to agents DN's partition.

Basically after an agent has been selected and reserved, UCCX tries to transfer
the call to this agent. And if it fails then it returns the caller back in the
queue and places the agent in NOT READY state.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPad