Hi Chase,
since i'm using the standard one it is subscribed by default (Enterprise Service).
You can also verify it in my Config snipped near the bottom:

<phoneService  type="2" category="0">
<name>Voicemail</name>
<url>Application:Cisco/Voicemail</url>
<vendor></vendor>
<version></version>
</phoneService>

So subscription seems ok.
I also don't know if all SIP-only phones encounter something similar.
Maybe someone has an 99xx available to check?

Regards,
Steven