Krishna,

When dialing from station to station and both stations are registered to
UCM,
the call does not normally traverse through the PSTN (no AAR case).
The signaling & media flows over voip directly which is why you dont see
any gateway / q931 debugs being active.

 However for a Voip flow to maintain proper quality, CAC/RSVP is used to
ensure sufficient bandwidth being used which is why you see the RSVP debug
active.

Media flows from endpoint to endpoint directly through the RSVP agents
which is what you see in "sh sccp connections"

Signaling flows from endpoint to UCM direct. Remember the gateway is not in
the signaling path which is why you do not see anything on the gw.

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM, Krishna <vinayak_...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I couldn't understand the call flow between HQ and BR1 which are
> provisioned/registed in the cucm. here is the detail structure:
>
> HQ-phone1 -5002
> css-hq-international
> pt-pt-internal
>
> BR1-phone1-1002
> css-br1-ld
> pt-pt-internal
>
> Both phones are residing in the partition pt-internal, and br1 is a mgcp
> site and whereas the hq is the h323 site. when i call 1002 from 5002 or
> vice versa the call works fine, but when i enable deb isdn q931 or deb voip
> dialp, i dont see anything. Whereas when i enable RSVP based CAC, i can see
> the traces with the show sccp connections.
>
> could any one help me out how the calls are working in between these two.
> is it because the phones are registered to cucm, but logically in a
> different device pool and therefore it routes directly on cucm???? your
> help is much appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Krishna.

- Pavan