I ran into the same issue,  I suspect it might be the bug below, but only
found it 10 minutes after my slot finished so can't test...

CSCsw83747 Bug Details Bug #1 of 29 | < Previous |
Next<getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq79170&from=summary>>
 * UC 7.0 - SMTP Domain Change Breaks External Voice Mail Message Delivery.
**Symptom:*
Voice mails left by outside callers are not delivered.

*Conditions:*
This can occur in Cisco Unity Connection 7.0.x after changing the SMTP
Domain value. This is fixed in 7.1(2) and 7.0(1)ES27

*Workaround:*
1. Either change the SMTP Domain back to the original value

OR

2. Change the unityconnection account (default account for outside callers
- equal to the Unity_ in Unity) running the following database commands:

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb update tbl_alias set smtpaddress =
'unityconnection@< newdomain>' where alias = 'unityconnection'

To fix the rest of the broken accounts:

run cuc dbquery unitydirdb EXECUTE PROCEDURE
csp_SmtpAddressMigrate('newdomain', 'olddomain');