From: Hector Gonzalez
<hgonza...@abt-mexico.com<mailto:hgonza...@abt-mexico.com>>
Date: Thursday, September 13, 2012 6:02 PM
To: "ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com<mailto:ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>"
<ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com<mailto:ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>>
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Unity connection voicemail problems

Hi i came across a unity connection problem doing the lab 1 of the 5 lab
handbook, I integrate the unity and the cucm with no problem but only
extensions with a mailbox in unity can send messages to other users

For example

User A ext 2001 has voicemail in unity connection so when he calls 2002 and
goes to voicemail I can record the message and
It is delivered to the phone with no problem.

However if I call 2002 from an extension with no mailbox on the system or the
pstn the call goes to voicemail I record the message unity tells me the message
has been sent but it never arrives, I can see in unity that the user has no
messages.

I have tried calling from a user with no mailbox this happens then I add him on
unity and it works If I delete him again it goes back to not working.

Ive done several integrations with unity connection and this is the 1st time I
came across something like this please help. Its looks to me like some kind of
restriction that says if calling extension has a mailbox in the system I will
send the message if not then I will discard it or something like that.

Thanks in advance

Hector Gonzalez
CCIE R&S 26179