I suppose they could but I'd actually expect they wouldn't force you to use one
or the other. The advice I see others give in this forum is to make sure you
know how to do both. Usually that advice is followed with a "...besides, the
CLI is much faster". Using the CLI is faster, at least for the CUE-CME
integration. I haven't attempted it for CUE-CUCM.

But that isn't your question. The generic answer is they could require you to
use the CLI. My opinion is that would be quite lame if they did. There are
plenty of ways to screw with you and restricting you from using the GUI on CUE
seems petty. Just my opinion. That said, I am practicing both and will use the
one that is fastest and the one I am most comfortable with under a time
pressure.

-Bill

William Bell
blog: http://ucguerrilla.com