Again not really sure what the dialing methods have to do with this.  He is
indicating that both are being routed by the blocked pattern but one (SCCP)
plays the annunciation while the other (SIP) does not.  So this seems to
clearly be the exact reference sent that Annunciator requires SCCP to play
its message.

I have reposted and highlighted the section explaining this

An annunciator is a software function of the Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming
Application that provides the ability to stream spoken messages or various
call progress tones from the system to a user. It is capable of sending
multiple one-way RTP streams to devices such as Cisco IP phones or
gateways, and it uses SCCP messages to establish the RTP stream. *The
device must be capable of SCCP to utilize this feature.* Tones and
announcements are predefined by the system. The announcements support
localization and also may be customized by replacing the appropriate .wav
file. The annunciator is capable of supporting G.711 a-law and mu-law,
G.729, and Wideband codecs without any transcoding resources.