Where are you taking your lab?  That has to play into your plan in taking
the lab.

I took my lab at RTP, my plan was to use the device base approach.

1)  I reviewed the outline of the lab, looking for very specific things
throughout the lab that required early planning.  An example of this would
be a System wide parameter that I would need to configure early on.

2) quickly notepad the items I would need throughout the lab

3) rough scope of the lab, my device based approach and dial plan page

This took about 20 minutes to complete and in my opinion you should not
spend more than 30 and your goal should be 15.

At this point I started my device based approach and for me this was my
order
   1) HQ switch
   2) do base to get CUE started and start CUE
   3) HQ Router
   4) SB router
   5) Check on CUE, do anything I thought I needed and could then reboot it
   6) SC router
   7) finish CUE
   8) base CUCM
   9) dial-plan with testing as I go all calls in round robin so I am using
every phone to make calls (try to complete to this point)

when 5 minutes before archive or back up all configs you can just incase

Lunch

   10) finish CUCM
   11) CUC
    12) CUPS
    13) UCCX
    14) Test everything you can

Make sure you do not get stuck on one thing, spend 10 minutes and move on,
circle back and try to complete it but keep moving.  I know it sounds
simple but you will be amazed how long you might spend on a 2-3 point item
you know you can do when it is costing you other points you could be
scoring.

During your testing focus on being the proctor and thinking how he might
find fault in what you did.  Almost working perfectly won't get you the
points.

Bill