 From: Tony Zunt <tony.z...@gmail.com>
To: Alex Pishko <alexpis...@yahoo.com>
Cc: "ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com" <ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:49 PM
Subject: Re: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] 7960 CUCM SIP Registration

Hi Alex

Firmware.  I had a lot of old 7960s on hand and ran into the same issue.
Basically had to try earlier and earlier revisions of SIP firmware to get them
to work.  There's release notes on CCO for 7960 describing compatibility for
SIP firmware 8.7.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2156/prod_release_notes_list.html

I had to go back all the way to v3 SIP firmware to get mine particular ones
working.  Not sure why, but those phones were made so long ago, there were
likely different hardware revisions.

This guide has much good info and eventually helped me get them registered w/
SIP:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/phones/ps379/products_tech_note09186a0080094584.shtml

Thanks

All,