From: ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com
[mailto:ccie_voice-boun...@onlinestudylist.com] On Behalf Of Alex Pishko
Sent: Saturday, July 27, 2013 11:39 PM
To: ccie_voice@onlinestudylist.com
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Lab 4A BR1 MGCP Issue

All,

Struggling with the MGCG PRI circuit in this lab.  I've been through it a
few times and never had issues, however for this go around I cannot seem to
get L2 up when I issue the show isdn status command.  Also, when I look at
the serial inteface is shows up/up, however it's up/up (spoofing).

The MGCP portion appears to be workign correctly as when I issue a show
ccm-manager command I see it registered to the primary and within CUCM I see
the PRI as registered.  Below is my relevant configuration from the BR1
Router as well as the PSTN router.  Also, on the PSTN I've tried to change
the pri-group to just 1-3,24 both had the same result.  Also, when I issue
debug isdn q921 command I do not see any response for the SAMBE packet.  Any
help on this would be much appreciated.  I'm starting to think I may have a
hardware problem, but need a second or multiple sets of eyes on this before
I head down that router.

Thank you all.

Alex

BR1 Router

network-clock-participate wic 1
network-clock-select 1 T1 0/1/0

controller T1 0/1/0
 framing esf
 linecode b8zs
 cablelength long 0db
 pri-group timeslots 1-3,24 service mgcp
 description **T1 Voice Connection to PSTN 0/1/1**

interface Serial0/1/0:23
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 isdn bind-l3 ccm-manager
 no cdp enable

voice-port 0/1/0:23
!
ccm-manager switchback immediate
ccm-manager redundant-host 10.10.210.10
ccm-manager mgcp
ccm-manager music-on-hold
ccm-manager config server 10.10.210.11
ccm-manager config
!
mgcp
mgcp call-agent 10.10.210.11 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1
mgcp rtp unreachable timeout 1000 action notify
mgcp modem passthrough voip mode nse
mgcp package-capability rtp-package
mgcp package-capability sst-package
mgcp package-capability pre-package
no mgcp package-capability res-package
no mgcp timer receive-rtcp
mgcp sdp simple
mgcp rtp payload-type g726r16 static
mgcp bind control source-interface Loopback0
mgcp bind media source-interface Loopback0

PSTN Router

network-clock-participate wic 1

controller T1 0/1/1
 framing esf
 clock source internal
 linecode b8zs
 cablelength long 0db
 pri-group timeslots 1-3,23-24
 description **T1 VOICE CONNECTION TO BR1-RTR 0/1/0**

interface Serial0/1/1:23
 no ip address
 encapsulation hdlc
 isdn switch-type primary-ni
 isdn protocol-emulate network
 isdn incoming-voice voice
 no cdp enable

voice-port 0/1/1:23
 translation-profile incoming block-call-into-BR1
 translation-profile outgoing display-proper-ani-into-BR1