From: Alex Mendoza
Sent: 8/26/2013 10:54 PM
To: CCIE Study
Subject: [OSL | CCIE_Voice] LAN QoS on HWIC-4ESW

Hi All,

I'm wondering about QoS on remote site.

I just applied auto-qos between HQ and remote site, everything looks fine.

When I run this command on both routers, in remote site I can't see packets.

HQ
    Class-map: AutoQoS-VoIP-RTP-Trust (match-any)
      11139 packets, 704260 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: ip dscp ef (46)
        11139 packets, 704260 bytes
        5 minute rate 0 bps

REMOTE
    Class-map: AutoQoS-VoIP-RTP-Trust (match-any)
      0 packets, 0 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: ip dscp ef (46)
        0 packets, 0 bytes
        5 minute rate 0 bps

For remote site I don't use HWIC-4ESW (expensive) instead am using ports
from 3560 (same as HQ),
after I put the commands:

SW(config)#interface FastEthernet0/17
SW(config-if)#shut
SW(config-if)# mls qos trust device cisco-phone
SW(config-if)# mls qos trust cos
SW(config-if)#no shut

I started to see packets on policy-map.

    Class-map: AutoQoS-VoIP-RTP-Trust (match-any)
      186 packets, 11904 bytes
      5 minute offered rate 0 bps, drop rate 0 bps
      Match: ip dscp ef (46)
        186 packets, 11904 bytes
        5 minute rate 0 bps

How I'll mark the packets on remote site to hit the policy-map in the FR
link?

Thanks in advanced
Mendoza