Hi Drake,

That's an interesting point.  I've definitely heard of Microsoft creating
such road blocks and I know first hand that Internet Explorer loves to be
different when it comes to web programming.  Here's a funny take on MS
(with a measure of truth):

"A thirty-two bit extension and graphical shell to a sixteen-bit patch to
an eight-bit operating system originally coded for a four-bit
microprocessor which was written by a two-bit company that can't stand one
bit of competition."

I've spent some time in Cisco's Jabber CAXL library which is about 40k
lines of Javascript and while it's not truly WebRTC, they're really pushing
for developers to integrate voice/video/im into the browser.  From what I
know of Cisco, they seem to typically be in support of standardizations and
often incubate technology and then release for standardization.  I could be
way off on that one so feel free to disagree.  Browser support is a big
issue too since only the modern browsers are supporting it, it's going to
be a while before the desktop/laptop world is fully ready but since mobile
devices are refreshed so often they're typically pretty up to date and
should support it now and if not soon.

The bottom line for me is that competition breeds innovation so any company
that blocks legitimate advances to protect their own profits will
ultimately fail.  Karma has no menu, you get served what you deserve!

Marty