On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Pavan K <pav.c...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Taking the example of UCCX, UCCX can sync with ucm and download jtapi
> libraries from ccm. Its built in jtapi client uses those libraries to
> communicate with CTI on the ucm server.
>
> The term rmjtapi refers to the local credentials used by its jtapi client
> to connect to CTI.

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for the information.   It is useful with respect to understand how
UCCX and UCM communicate.

Are we then dealing with the use of the JTAPI in two different contexts?

The first context is JTAPI as a layer on top on CTI, in which UCCX talks to
CUCM on port TCP/2748 -- the port that is labeled as "CTI Application
Server".

*The second context, a more mysterious one, is the "JTAPI Application
Server" that is listening on CUCM on port TCP/2789.    *
All Port Usage doco for CUPC / UCCX / CUE refers to TCP/2748 -- 1st meaning
of JTAPI.

Strictly in the 2nd context, I am still trying to find any documentation or
application that use the port to talk to CUCM.

There is one clue that I still don't think is accurate is UCCX 9.0.2 Port
Utilization guide (PDF page #12 -
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_9_02/configuration/guide/UCCX_BK_P89325D5_00_port-utilization-guide-uccx-902.pdf
)

It said JTAPI client listens to TCP/2789 on UCCX utilizing "QBE over TCP"
to talk to CUCM on port TCP/2748.  (And the communication is bi-directional)

That would depict a tcp packet with SRC=TCP/2789 and DST=TCP/2748.   That's
not impossible, but even if that is true, still doesn't answer what JTAPI
Application Server on CUCM server is for and which application utilize that.

****What is also important is to be reminded occasionally that UCCX and
CUPC (in Deskphone mode) and CUE (integrated with CUCM) do use the same
port to talk to CUCM, TCP/2748.****

Regards,
--Somphol.