Dear All,

I have a basic question, when a site is in SRST and when I dial a PSTN
number or try to reach other site over PSTN, how come the GW at the SRST
site knows the called/calling party numbering plan and type. I do not have
any configuration related to that on the dial-peer or on the voice-port.

Are these information elements are negotiated and received from the PSTN
side?

For example, currently my GW is in SRST and when dial a PSTN number, it
correctly recognizes as local, national and international. Here is my
sample output after making a local and internation call to a PSTN number.

        Calling Party Number i = 0x4180, '8631002'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:Subscriber(local)
        Called Party Number i = 0xC1, '8632683'

        Calling Party Number i = 0x2180, '6178631002'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:National
        Called Party Number i = 0x91, '011916745738932'
                Plan:ISDN, Type:International

Thanks,
Viki
Free CCIE R&S, Collaboration, Data Center, Wireless & Security Videos ::

iPexpert on YouTube: www.youtube.com/ipexpertinc