You can use e.g. Moleman with the command PIR_sequence_file

Juergen

Bottomley, Matthew wrote:

Hello,

could anyone tell me how to get the single-letter amino acid sequence out of
a PDB file, e.g. in fasta format?

I would like to do this so that I can compare it with the 'expected'
sequence, since e.g. arp/warp sometimes puts an Ala when there is a Lys with
poor side-chain density....

Thanks.

Matt

New Jersey, USA 08889), and/or its affiliates (which may be known
outside the United States as Merck Frosst, Merck Sharp & Dohme or MSD
and in Japan, as Banyu - direct contact information for affiliates is available at http://www.merck.com/contact/contacts.html) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete it from your system.

Jürgen Bosch
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and
University of Washington
Dept. of Biochemistry, K-426