Although the individual programs are not parallelized, there are a number of
people who have used CCP4 programs on clusters -- notably for molecular
replacement, where each candidate structure on a rather long list is refined
to see if it is a solution.  Any problem like this one, or computation of
multiple omit maps, can be set up on a cluster by writing a shell script to
distribute the individual cases over the available processors.  This is
often called "coarse-grained parallelism" and is very useful now that
computer time is so much cheaper than human time.

Best regards,
Lynn Ten Eyck

--
Lynn F. Ten Eyck                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
San Diego Supercomputer Center 0505     (858) 534-5141 (Voice)