Even in the (deprecated) C-Shell the display variable can be set. It is probably something like
        setenv DISPLAY :0

Tim

- --
Tim Gruene
Institut fuer anorganische Chemie
Tammannstr. 4
D-37077 Goettingen

GPG Key ID = A46BEE1A

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006, Stefano Ricagno wrote:

Hi Ronnie,
I got yesterday your same error message:
I had x11 in bash and so since I had sourced everything in my .cshrc, I was
trying to
launch ccp4i in a
terminal window (which was in csh shell). Then I changed shell in x11 from bash
to csh (chsh
command) and
ccp4i suddenly  appeared.
I hope this can be useful for you