I believe that there is another issue with the CCP4 bb in addition to multiple copies of e-mails. In my humble opinion, some of us (maybe all) do not seem to be receiving messages in their chronological order. My belief is based on the fact that I sometimes receive some responses before receiving the actual e-mail containing the related question for the CCP4 bb since a few days! Hence some strange, and sometimes frustrated exchanges today.

ingrid !

if you watched the Daily Show you would know why this is !

it was all explained by senator Ted Stevens, the man in charge of regulating the internet. he said that "the internet is not a big truck - it's a set of tubes" ! and these tubes can get clogged by people sending enormous amounts of material through them. this will cause delays so that when someone sends an "internet" at 10 am, it might not reach you until the following morning.

you can see and hear it for yourself here:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=931258723

you may also want to check out the piece on the net neutrality act which, when passed, will probably delay ccp4bb postings even more in the future:

http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html?v=e97206szs4npk9

--dvd

                        Gerard J.  Kleywegt
    [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
                Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

    http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
   The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
   to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.