Dear ccp4bbers,

I agree with Dirk. I have also noticed that much due to the way X-ray
crystallography is evolving, a lot of students/early-postdocs find
themselves "doing crystallography" in labs without a tradition in
crystallography, even without "real" crystallographers. While we can
criticise such a situation, this is a fact and students shouldn't be
blamed for it.

Having said so, I also think that people, students or not, should try
and post, in their best interest, questions as specific as possible.

As for Shivesh's question, I think this two papers (and references
within) could be helpful:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?holding=;&db=PubMed&cmd=search&term=Single-wavelength%20anomalous%20diffraction%20phasing%20revisited
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=16855302&query_hl=5&itool=pubmed_DocSum

Cheers,

Miguel

Dirk Kostrewa escribió:
> Hi Mark,
>
> although Shivesh's question was not very specific, and he should have
> clearly given some more informations about what he would like to know,
> he is probably a beginner in crystallography and simply asked for help
> on this board. Not everyone has always time or is always in the mood to
> answer such questions. In my opinion, it's then better not to respond at
> all than to give an answer like yours that is neither helpful nor funny!
> We all should try to keep a good style here.
>
> Dirk.
>
> Mark J. van Raaij wrote:
>> why don't you just send all your images to the ccp4bb, then we'll
>> process them, solve the structure and publish it for you.
>> And we might put you in the acknowledgements, if you are lucky.
>> Mark

>>>   i am sure what tassos really meant was "Very Carefully !"
>>>
>>>   jon
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dr. Jonathan M. Grimes,  Royal Society Research Fellow    University
>>> Research Lecturer
>>> Division of Structural Biology
>>> Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics
>>> University of Oxford
>>> Roosevelt Drive,
>>> Oxford OX3 7BN, UK
>>>
>>> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED], Web: www.strubi.ox.ac.uk Tel: (+44)
>>> - 1865 - 287561, FAX: (+44) - 1865 - 287547
>>
>> Mark J. van Raaij
>> Dpto de Bioquímica, Facultad de Farmacia
>> and
>> Unidad de Rayos X, Edificio CACTUS
>> Universidad de Santiago
>> 15782 Santiago de Compostela
>> Spain
>> http://web.usc.es/~vanraaij/

- --
Miguel Ortiz Lombardía
Centro de Investigaciones Oncológicas
C/ Melchor Fernández Almagro, 3
28029 Madrid, Spain
Tel. +34 912 246 900
Fax. +34 912 246 976
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~mol/
Le travail est ce que l'homme a trouvé de mieux
pour ne rien faire de sa vie.                          (Raoul Vaneigem)