All formats I know except CNS have single records per reflection.

In CNS a reflection record can go over several lines - I know no way of avoiding requiring a format tt to read such a record..

A clever programmer could parse a few lines and work one out, but in fact the format is not nec. consistent through the whole CNS file..

The only safe way I think is to parse every line and recognise the different flags, then read the following number.
 Eleanor

Is should be kept by default when you run TRUNCATE - I hope that usually happens..

Kevin Cowtan wrote:
On a more general note, having looked at mtz2various it looks a lot better than last time I used it, and the problem of keeping I's is a separate issue.

But we still get fairly regular format conversion questions on both this and the coot list. From memory, the most common questions concern conversion from CNS format into MTZ. (We've got code to make coot read CNS maps, which may solve this eventually, but it's not in coot yet).

Is that correct? Are there any other format conversions which still cause problems?

Kevin