Hi All!

I have been trying to screen for my protein crystals, from the crystals grown in 0.5 M Ammonium Sulphate, 1.0M Lithium Sulphate Monohydrate in 0.1 M TriSodium Citrate Buffer dihydrate Buffer at pH 5.6. Two different kinds of crystals observed: rod shaped and thin platy ones. Whenever I am trying to collect data from the rod shaped ones I am getting dominantly salt patterns but also spots at 15 A resolution bin repeatedly, where some of the spots very much look like from protein! what can be the reason for this? if anyone has come across similar situation please help.

with regards,
Sreeram Mahesh

Research Student
Prof S Ramakumar's lab