Dear list,

I've crystals in a condition including 2,45 M K/Na phosphate buffer for the
well condition, and 1 microl protein + 0.8 microl Na/K phosphate buffer + 0.25
microl 30% 1,6-hexanediol in the drop condition.

These crystals dissolve in several cryoprotectant solutions and survive only in
malonic acid, with which they give diffraction at 7-8 A.

Among the several different possibilities, I'd like to try to optimize the
crystals, and one possiblity among others would be to change the buffer.

Any suggestions, please, about how to replace K/Na phosphate? At these
concentrations it is acting as a buffer but also as a precipitant and I was
wondering if anybody has experienced nice buffer-salt combinations that proved
to be useful starting from a similar condition.

Thanks a lot,

Claudia

Claudia Scotti
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale
Sezione di Patologia Generale
Universita' di Pavia
Piazza Botta, 10
27100 Pavia
Italia
Tel.   0039 0382 986335/8/1
Facs 0039 0382 303673
Make every IM count. Download Windows Live Messenger and join the i’m
Initiative now. It’s free.
http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGWL_June07